Sunday, October 23, 2005

Weekend update

Well, as expected, I was able to recover the cost of the battery for my work van. All the tree work for the weekend went off without any problems. The job today was a barter for clutter cleaning services to come soon.

This week there are more odds and ends to do and on Wednesday I will get my son for 5 straight days. His school has a fall break. I will take a few vacation days. I have a few things in mind and would like to introduce him to the new lady in my life...TV chef Rachael Ray.

A couple of weeks ago I was channel surfing and stopped a little on the food network. I had heard of Rachael Ray and seen her books, but never watched her. But this time she was on and I got hooked. She is so charismatic! In case any of my readers want to see who I'm speaking of, watch her. She is on the Food Network every weekday for 2 back to back shows starting at 6pm. I have always thought cooking was a chore. She has some good ideas such as putting on some good music that you like, and keeping a "garbage bowl" on the countertop as you're preparing your meal (saves trips back and forth to the garbage can. Anyway, I hope my son will like watching her as much as I do. (sadly, she's recently married...yeah, like I had a shot!!)

2 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, October 24, 2005, Blogger paulette said...

Looks like she has fun doing the dishes too. I'm going to try that position next time I do dishes.

 
At 11:56 AM, October 24, 2005, Blogger Sean M. said...

I have heard of her on the Food Network, but haven't had the pleasure of watching her show. I have heard that she is really good, so maybe I'll check it out.

Oh, and Aunt Paulette, be careful when you wash dishes like that....you might not get many dishes clean, but I guess it'll be fun!

Sean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home