Sunday, October 30, 2005

Post-few days with my son

I took 3 vacation days last week and had my son for 5 days now. We had such a good time together. One afternoon we went to Burger King and they have this "finger football" setup in the store. Several tables have a playing field attached and they give you placemats with a pattern for making the little triangular football. JP had never done this before and it has been probably more than 35 years for me. So we played for, oh gosh, probably 45 minutes.

Then I thought "he likes it so much that I'm going to make him a little table for playing finger football." So we went to Lowe's and bought 4 table legs and the plates to attach them to a board and some green spray paint. I had some scrap MDF in the shop so I made a board 12" x 24". I attached the legs, but took them off and applied several coats of paint. The legs are a little too long. I would like to play sitting down, but the legs require one to kneel. So in the next few days I will paint white lines on the "field" and shorten the legs. He LOVES his table, and it was so simple!!

Today I bought some nuts and bolts to attach a seat slider mechanism in my Jeep CJ. The passenger's side slider was missing. I picked up a replacement cheap on Ebay. It took some time to install, plus I had to drill 2 holes in the seat mounting bracket. I'm not used to drilling metal. But I got it done. Could use some lithium grease or WD40 to slide better, though.

Last night I made a mac&cheese/hot dog casserole that I saw Rachael Ray make a couple weeks ago. It was ok. JP liked it, but he picked out all the pieces of onions and today he didn't want leftovers. I think that making it was more exciting for him. He has come to enjoy watching Rachael Ray with me.

Also, I picked up and installed a DVD burner. I would like to convert some home movies from 8mm tapes to DVD. But the video capture device I have isn't installing correctly under Windows XP, so, I cannot capture the video footage. Will have to try to fix the installation of the device. Anyone out there have a Dazzle Fusion and successful installation in Windows XP ??

2 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, October 30, 2005, Blogger Adrienne said...

Mac & CHeese and hot dog, yummm. But why on earth would you ruin it with onions?!?!?! LOL!

 
At 8:24 PM, November 02, 2005, Blogger Monica said...

Whew! I just read all the way down for the first time. And you also have a 'real job' ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home