Friday, December 23, 2005

Plumbing done !

On Wednesday night I finished the plumbing on my friend's pedicure chair. By Thursday morning there were still no leaks. The chair runs hot and cold water and drains perfectly. After Christmas Bryan and I will start tackling the job of concealing the pipes. Because of the shop layout, and where they wanted the chairs, we had to run the pipes on top of the floor to get to a sink. So we are going to build the equivalent of a speed bump to cover the pipes. Something that contains and protects the pipes, but low enough so you don't stub your toes.

Last night Kim and I went to see a movie. She wanted to see King Kong, but the last show had already started at 8 pm. We got to the theater at 9. The ticket booth girl told me that it takes 3 hours, so 8 is their last showing. So I bought tickets for a 9:40 showing of "Yours, Mine, and Ours" thinking Kim might like a comedy. Before it was half over she wanted to leave. I thought it was funny to that point, she said she was bored. I think she just had her heart set on King Kong. So, we're supposed to go see a matinee on Saturday. The "passive aggressive" in me says I should say I'm bored with King Kong less than half way through. :-)

4 Comments:

At 1:25 AM, December 24, 2005, Blogger Amanda said...

Glad to hear the pipe-work is done. Seems kind of strange to have a 'speed-bump' in the middle of a salon. Anyway to take a picture and post it; so we can see your final product?

I wouldn't let the passive-agressive side come out just yet. You never know, you might enjoy King-Kong. Then again, you may have other ideas/plans to enjoy with her instead of a movie. Either way - I hope it all works out the way you want it to.

Have a very happy Christmas.

 
At 12:10 PM, December 24, 2005, Blogger paulette said...

Now, even if you are bored with King Kong halfway through you still can't say so, cause it would look like payback.

 
At 11:14 AM, December 25, 2005, Blogger Tim B. said...

Hi Amanda,

The Speed Bump in the salon won't be something that the customers would see right away, and MOST customers would never see it.

When you enter the salon you are looking at the "back wall" of the main room. The pedicure chairs are on that wall. Behind that wall is a room that has a tanning booth. Only employees and tanning booth customers would go in there, and that is where the speed bump is. The bump runs across that room and the pipes go through yet another wall. On the back side of that wall is the sink that the pipes are connected to. The sink has a vanity and all the pipe connections are inside that cabinet.

After Christmas and New Years, we are going to tackle the carpentry, so I will take pictures then. And if they ever need to expand to 3 or more chairs, we will have to redesign everything. And I can do a better job because they will be forced to put the chairs along a wall that allows a different, easier plumbing configuration.

 
At 1:26 PM, December 28, 2005, Blogger Sean M. said...

Well, it sounds like you are having a very productive week! Besides going to see King Kong, it all sounds interesting to me.

Sorry that I haven't been blogging much lately, but I've had a lot going on. I just updated yesterday, and I should have another by tomorrow, hopefully.

Talk to you later, and have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home