Monday, January 02, 2006

Back from vacation

JP and I went to my brother Duane's house for Christmas. Getting there took almost 9 hours due to traffic. We arrived at night on the 26th and came back on the 31st. There was no return traffic and we made great time.

While there we got to visit with family and had a nice time playing with all the cats and 1 dog. Duane and I worked with his neighbor to cut down 4 trees in the neighbor's back yard. While doing this I got beat up by two branches. The first hit my left hand and the second hit my right thigh. I am bruised and swollen but healing just fine. The first joint of my middle finger may be dislocated, so I will have that checked out. Will call to make a doctor appointment today.

I bought an air compressor from Tracy's husband Robert and brought it home. It is now in the shop. I want to run copper air lines to a few places in the shop, which will take a weekend (maybe this coming one). And I have many woodworking projects coming up this year. I intend to do more shop work than home improvement work this year. Soon I will post a list of the projects.

Speaking of projects Duane and I split all his firewood. We rented a logsplitter from Home Depot. That worked well, but I like my logsplitter more. Next time I will try to get mine there. The tires aren't for highway use, so I will see about loading it onto my large trailer. In the past I have hauled my smaller trailer on my large trailer, so it can be done.

We also repaired 3 bar stools. The screws going through the lazy susan mechanisms were too short and pulled out. We plugged the holes, drilld new ones and reinstalled with longer and larger screws. Debbie is pleased to have those working now. We also replaced an axe handle that was broken. A lot was done in a short visit.

1 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, January 02, 2006, Blogger EZ Travel said...

No rest for the weary. I am ashamed to admit that I laughed when I read that you were attacked by branches. Don't think for minute that they don't know what you do to their brethren in your free time. You log splitter, you.

It sounds like you had a great time! Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home