Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Shop projects for this year.

1. Add plumbing to the shop for the air compressor.
2. Build a cabinet that will house a wine refrigerator, wine glasses, etc.
3. Build 3 picture frames for my TKD certificates and 3 for my friend Bryan.
4. Build 2 chess boards (started one last year but ran out of material).
5. Fix a problem with the lathe that keeps me from turning small pieces.
6. Turn chess pieces on lathe for both sets.
7. Build boxes or tables for the completed chess sets.
8. Make an 8x10 sycamore picture frame for a friend.
9. Complete the router table leaf for the table saw.
10. Complete the drill press table.
11. Christmas gifts. I won't say what they are, but there will be 25 or more of them.
12. There's more to come. This is just off the top of my head.

5 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, January 04, 2006, Blogger paulette said...

I notice that "fix problem with the lathe" is ahead of "turn chess pieces" on your to do list. Great time management skills. Now that Christmas is over, and you have delivered all your home made gifts, do we get to find out what they are?

 
At 12:47 PM, January 04, 2006, Blogger KathrynVH said...

Go to Amanda's blog--there's a link to Timmy's second secret blog with great pictures of the gifts. I kind of wondered about that--I mean if I could find it, wouldn't the recepients also be able to find it--like looking in the closet? Very cool stuff. Tim, I'm totally jealous of your handinessmas. Don't you want to move to California--Glendale is a great city. How soon until your son turns 18--UCLA is the best university and we have lots more. I'm sitting in my office looking out at our City's rose float parked on Brand--you can't get that anywhere else.

 
At 3:27 PM, January 04, 2006, Blogger Tim B. said...

The Christmas gifts are at:
http://treebeau2.blogspot.com

In order to get to it, you could have done what Kathy said. But others would need to know about the paulettevanh blog or Amanda's blog. My friends wouldn't have known about those.

The second way would have been to GUESS at putting a "2" after "treebeau", but it could have been ANYTHING.

Thanks for the compliments. I have lots of upcoming projects and intend to document them all. By this weekend I intend to have my air plumbing done and 8 of the 10 frames completed.

 
At 5:34 PM, January 04, 2006, Blogger paulette said...

air plumbing just sounds wrong. I have believed all my life that plumbing meant water

 
At 10:30 AM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Tim B. said...

You're right.
I have in my head that "plumbum" is the Latin word for lead. Lead was used for pipes for a long time until it was found to be toxic.

Perhaps nowadays we should be saying "coppering". One would have a "copperer" come over to fix or install pipes. Either way, I hope he tucks his shirt into his jeans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home