Saturday, August 12, 2006

Why a duck? (Viaduct)

Silly title, I know.

I started working on the ducts for my cyclone dust collection system for the workshop. The main pipes are 6 inch PVC with various "Y" and "elbow" connectors. Nothing difficult, just measure, cut, fit, adjust. I bought more pipe than needed in case of mistakes. The main duct is to be suspended by ropes from the ceiling as it runs diagonally overhead. There will be 4 "Y"s to various machines and the end of the main line will go to the lathe. Everything slips together, but I will add screws at each connection and caulk all the joints to make it more air tight.

Still several weeks away from having it all in place. Then I need an electrician to come and wire up the 220 motor. So, will probably be running this fall. Progress pictures soon.

1 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, August 13, 2006, Blogger Adrienne said...

so, you just turn it on and it sucks all the dust up into the air and into the duct?
cool.
can ya hook one up in our living room for dog fur?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home