Monday, June 12, 2006

Not doing much but work.

This is a rather busy time for work. I have been preparing training materials for a series of classes on a product called "CVS". It is a Unix-based source code repository system. It has been around a while, but is new to IT shops like ours. It is what you call a "paradigm shift". Gotta climb the learning cliff and once at the top one can just coast.

Around the house I have been working a little in the yard...removing stumps and roots and filling in depressions with dirt. I want to make the lawnmowing a smoother chore.

Today I should be getting the ductwork for the shop dust collection system. I had drawn a sketch of what I want, made some rough measurements, and ordered the parts. Then realized that I calculated horizontal and vertical parts, but forgot the 90 degree turns for turning horizontal into vertical. So I will need to place another order for elbow pieces. Also need to order some flexible duct. The system will be operational soon, but not this week.

I had JP for the weekend. We went to a baseball game on Friday (our home team won) and the drive-in in Mt. Airy on Saturday to see the animated movie "Cars". We had picked up some drinks, some Haagen Daaz, and a Pizza Hut pizza. Little boy heaven!
www.warthogs.com
www.thebrightleaf.com
Before having to take him back I discovered a pretty big turtle in the backyard and we watched it for a while. Today I found out that it was a snapping turtle, but I am about 1/4 mile from any lake or pond...weird!

1 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, June 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was that snapping turtle a male. I read once that males move around to service more females. Maybe he was just looking for a turtle whorehouse?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home