Monday, April 23, 2007

Dead vile weed

It looks like I got the BIG one. The yellow rectangular area surrounds what should have been LUSH GREEN poison ivy foliage all over the top of this dead tree. In a post last year I made mention about the vine being about as thick as an elephant's leg. A couple of weeks ago I cut through that vine with my chainsaw and a few others with an axe. (You need to click on the picture to see the larger image with yellow rectangle and red arrows)


Some day soon I intend to cut down both trees that are pointed to with red arrows. Not sure how to handle the trunk that has poison ivy all over it but the other won't be difficult. They are both cherry trees so I will see about having a friend mill them for lumber.

3 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, April 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to enlarge the picture to see the red arrow. Enlarged is the way to see this picture, very nice.

 
At 9:48 AM, April 24, 2007, Blogger Sean M. said...

Go, you vile weed, go away! Go you vile weed go!

Sound familiar???

 
At 10:21 AM, April 24, 2007, Blogger Tim B. said...

Substitute the words "Chicken Fat" for "vile weed" and yes, it does sound familiar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home