Friday, April 13, 2007

Followup to vile weed!

The city is installing sewer lines in my neighborhood and they just finished my street. Since today is Friday the guys were quitting early. I asked one guy if they could use their equipment to scrape off the rest of my backyard, and showed him my scab covered red arms. No problem, he said.

It took 1 guy about an hour and he cleared the rest of the backyard and the side. He pushed down trees, scraped off brush and weeds, and even pulled out some old stumps. I was so impressed with that hour's work because he completely cleared an area that was about 20 times bigger than what I did by hand in 3 hours, and it's about down to the bare dirt !!

It is a little muddy, so next week he is going to smooth things out with a different machine, on a light work day. Will probably take him 10 minutes. If I can plant some grass seed after that it will be wonderful. Using those big machines, there's no way that guy would come into contact with the vile weed.

This is all the way down the side of my driveway (the length of my property), which was completely overgrown and one could not even walk without fear of snakes, briars, and the vile weed.


Under and behind the green leaved maple tree I had cleared an area about 30 by 30, but not down to the dirt like this.


Now it is clear down to the dirt all the way to the back corner.


Looking from the back corner back up the driveway. This view would have been impossible because the weeds were over my head. Note that the dirt is rutted, but will be smoother next week.


And finally looking from the same spot but toward the house. A HUGE area cleared (3 times what I did by hand) in just a few minutes.

1 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, April 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW Tim, this looks great. You'll have a lot more room to grow!. Grass that is. No more vile weed for you.
Cheryl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home