Friday, August 24, 2007

Last pen specimen for a little while

My friends in California sent me 4 different species of wood. I only had pen parts to do 3 pens. Already did one of Lignum Vitae and one of Honduran Rosewood. Last night I made this one, of East India Rosewood. It sanded and finished beautifully and the picture does not do it justice. But I must say that I think I turned it a little thin, for my taste, especially near the middle.


So I have one more specimen wood, ebony, left to do. Need to order some more pen kits.

2 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, August 30, 2007, Blogger Sean M. said...

Funny that you mentioned Lignum Vitae in your last couple of blogs... We learned about that in my Botany class last year, as such, and we found out how really dense it was. We didn't try a "float or sink" test, but I'll take your word on it.

 
At 1:50 PM, August 30, 2007, Blogger cheryl said...

funny you mentioned not liking thin pens. I love thin pens. (hint...hint..)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home