Thursday, July 26, 2007

Ahhhhh, new tools!

The little edge jointer that I have used for almost 20 years is good for pieces of wood that are about 2 inches wide and up to maybe 16 inches long. But I have to make some large panels and this tool did not give me true enough edges on longer pieces of wood.

So I just purchased and setup a new edge jointer. The cutter head/knives are 6 inches wide and the bed is over 40 inches long. That will be good for all the projects I will probably ever make.

I have already run some pieces through it and am gluing them up into panels. The edges are coming together nicely, with just a slight turn of the clamp head.

I need to make 7 panels for the wine cabinet that was started last year. Will have some progress pictures coming soon.

2 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, August 08, 2007, Blogger cheryl said...

ok, can't wait to see them

 
At 11:56 AM, August 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found it! Cool!
Tracy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home