Thursday, October 23, 2008

Halloween treats

I have a costume party (slash "game night") to go to on Saturday. For awhile I had been wanting to try my hand at "candy sushi" which I saw Rachael Ray make once. It turned out ok, really cute in fact, but I don't like the mess involved. Rolling the log of Rice Krispies was a sticky mess. Once that set up for a few minutes, the wrapping and cutting of the "Fruit by the Foot" was so much easier. Inside there are strips of licorice. On the ones that they call "nigiri" I put on a Swedish Fish and cut the Fruit by the Foot into strips for wrapping.


As desert number 2, I made a key lime pie and simply decorated it with a spider web and spider. Didn't want to go to much expense with the decorating stuff because I will not be making a hobby of this. So I simply got the icing that is already in a small tube. It didn't come out perfect, but certainly passable.

5 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, October 23, 2008, Blogger Adrienne said...

I am totally stealing the sushi idea.

You are truly a Renassaince man.

 
At 8:24 PM, October 23, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim, everything looks good. Very coloful and delicious. Good thinking.

Mom

 
At 8:54 PM, October 24, 2008, Blogger Marcel said...

My son, the pastry chef.

 
At 3:30 PM, October 26, 2008, Blogger cheryl said...

I think you did a great job on the web.......no pun intended

 
At 10:20 AM, October 29, 2008, Blogger Monica said...

Sorry, but I would have to eat that pie with my eyes closed. I would be afraid that if the spider moved, I would have a heart attack. You are so brave (and talented).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home