Monday, January 07, 2013

How did I do?

Hard to believe that it has been almost a year since my last blog entry.  I do spend much more time at Facebook, putting up pictures and blurbs, rather than in Blogger telling stories.

What I said I wanted to do:

  • Finish more projects than I start (especially the dresser project that was started years ago and is close to done)


  • Well, I didn't finish MUCH, but I did make progress on things, didn't start too many things, AND finished the dresser!!


  • Do more cooking and baking.


  • Yes, I do more cooking and baking.  That slacked off some over the summer, but I am back into it more.


  • Have a deck built (or at least the part out my bedroom door).


  • Nope!  Maybe this fall I can have the part outside the bedroom door going.


  • Continue to de-clutter and make my house more organized.


  • A work in progress.  I have made more strides and have gotten a little bit better at keeping things organized and decluttered.  A long way to go, but I am pleased and will continue.


  • Go camping once or twice.


  • Went camping once (ugh, disaster because of rain).


  • Go kayaking once or twice.


  • Went kayaking once (nice trip but felt a little rushed by JP).


  • Go skiing once or twice.


  • Nope.  However, I expect to get out once or twice THIS winter.


  • So now this year's list.

    • Finish the bed (which is probably more than 2/3rds done).
    • Finish the butterfly restoration (at least all the parts except the swing out "wings").
    • Make visible progress on the Goosneck arm chair restoration.
    • Get the teardrop trailer built and weather tight for at least 1 trip (may not be complete, but hopwefully, useable).
    • More decluttering.  Copy VHS tapes to DVDs,  Cassettes to MP3. Would like to digitize pictures in albums.  Would REALLY love to digitize old magazines.
    • Clean out the garage.
    • ?
    • ?
    Yep, lots to do!
    Happy 2013 everyone!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home