Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Yard work

I cut the grass last night, then used the weed trimmer on the front and side yards. The temperature was wonderful and I never even broke a sweat. Afterward I pulled weeds, weeds, and more weeds, then mulched around a dogwood. A neighbor drove by, stopped, and said that things are looking really nice. I like that!

I went to Lowe's and bought a replacement closet door, a hinge pin doorstop, a baseboard doorstop, and magnetic catches. These are for the office renovation. Tonight there is supposed to be rain, so I can work on the office.

There are two spots on the front yard that need grass seed, so I bought a bale of hay to put over the seed after it is spread. In these spots I once had an apple tree and a wisteria bush. They were nice, but a nuisance when it came to taking care of the front yard, so out they came.

I noticed that the lilac is opening up. In just a few days that will smell fantastic. Next to it is a peony that is also getting ready to bloom. I have a Rose of Sharon bush that is a bit of a nuisance in it's current location and a white hydrangea that is also a nuisance. The hydrangea should be discarded and the Rose of Sharon would be much better in that spot. Don't worry, I have 4 other mature hydrangeas in the yard. I don't know when the heck the rhododendrons are going to bloom. They have had flower buds on them for quite awhile now, but just aren't opening up. Strange!!

1 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, May 02, 2005, Blogger jenn said...

I envy your lilac and peonies. My mom had them in the yard of one of the houses we lived in when I was growing up and when I finally get my own house they'll be the first things I plant. Followed closely by roses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home