Monday, May 02, 2005

A dismal weekend.

My weekend was basically shot. On Thursday I went home with a really sore lower back. It had been hurting all day. Friday morning I couldn't get out of bed. I tried but the pain was tremendous. I actually screamed in agony and fell back on the bed. I called a friend, who came over with some Doan's pills. After about 3 hours I was able to get up, VERY SLOWLY and painfully, and at least get around. I have been taking the Doan's pills every 6 hours as directed.

Today my back is much better, but I can't sit for very long. I took off on Friday and Monday. The whole weekend was spent resting, reading, and dealing with the pain and recovery. Today I went outside to enjoy the sunshine. Walked around the yard and pulled a weed here and there as necessary. I made sure to bend at the knees. All the plans I had for the weekend were put aside. Now that I'm on the mend I need to make sure not to work too hard. And I plan to keep the Doan's pills right next to the bed just in case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home