Friday, May 06, 2005

One week ago today

One week ago today I was in bed with excruciating back pain. I was thinking that death was better! During the week I took Doan's pills, soaked, relaxed, and stayed away from Tae Kwon Do. I visited the chiropractor 3 times this week.

Today, I am sore from the adjustments, but SO much better. In fact for the last 2 nights I have even worked in the landscape a little. I am removing a gravel walkway that is about 3 feet wide by 10 feet long by 6 inches deep. All that gravel is being moved to a separate gravel driveway that I have where rain runoff has created a trench. The work requires a hard rake, 2 shovels, a hoe, and a wheelbarrow. So far I have moved 2 barrows full of gravel and have been filling the trench. The place where the gravel is being moved FROM will be filled in with grass and just mowed. It was too far away from the house for me to consider consistent weeding, and the weeds were taking over coming up through the gravel. Better off with grass.

I move 1 barrow a night. In a few more nights it will be done. I do not want to overdo it and be back in bed in agony. In total I have spent maybe an hour each night, and I do stop and smell the roses as I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home