Monday, May 21, 2007

BIN there, DONE that.

Finished the construction of the trash/recycling bin. So how come none of you suggested that I move the BACK of the bin forward by an inch to account for the cabinet mounting strip? That allows for the height to remain the same and the recycling bin to be a little shallower. That thought came to me while trying to fall asleep one night.

I spent a couple of hours making the cabinet modifications. It is now narrower so that it slides in and out correctly. And the back part was shortened by an inch as mentioned above. Then I cut and installed the plywood dividers. Also I cut a strip of wood to hold down the plastic bags where they come together at the center, and it just wedges in place.

This is the completed bin:


If you look carefully you can see that the bottom "tray" is a little longer in back than the bin part above it. THAT is what allows for clearing the cabinet back mounting board.

And here it is, inside the cabinet:


The front edge of the bin now fits behind the back edge of the cabinet face frame.

Still need to get and mount drawer slides.

1 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, May 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Voila! It really looks nice, and I'm sorr to say, you trash cabinet doesn't keep me up at night. But when I read your blog, I do wonder how you come up with these things. Your so good.
I really looks nice.

Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home