Friday, May 18, 2007

Idol chat 2

Alright, dawgs, so listen up, yo yo, check it out!

The voters disappointed me. I was so hoping for Jordin and Melinda in the finals. But I hadn't counted on the female population and their attraction to Blake.

Melinda is a tremendous singer and she has such a nice personality. I truly hope she has a long and successful career.

Jordin is such a sweetie, sings beautifully, and has such a bubbly personality. I hope she wins.

I think that Blake won't have much of a career. His singing is marginal, he HAS to embellish it with all that vocal imitation of a scratching record player (read: GIMMICK) and he has a limited range of robotic dance movements that he does repetitively. I'd seen enough after one performance. America will take it a little longer then lose interest.

4 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, May 18, 2007, Blogger Adrienne said...

On the other hand, I really like Blake and will admit to voting for him. Jordin is bubblegum, we have enough bubblegum in the music industry. Melida was very good, but I think her resemblence to Shrek did her in.

 
At 4:08 PM, May 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good grief, Adrienne, I didn't think facial features counted, but I guess you did. I let my imagination go, and you are right, if she were green instead of black she might look like shrek. Ha Ha Ha. It certainly was a difficult decision. Simon set us up for this.

 
At 4:23 PM, May 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim says:

There was an article in a recent TV Guide that had interviews with American Idol contestants. Melinda even called HERSELF "Shrek" and stated that she doesn't have much of a neck.

Good sense of humor, that.

 
At 1:15 AM, May 19, 2007, Blogger Adrienne said...

It is a popularity contest, right? Don't looks usually count for that?

It doesn't help that I went to see Shrek III today. I thought of her throughout the whole thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home