Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Still burning.

That "fire pit" fire is still going, and barring rain I have enough debris to keep it going for probably a couple of months. It's simple work, really, throwing debris onto a fire. But I have to make sure that I don't smother the fire with stuff that's too green. I have been feeding it with some really rotten stuff that has been lying around for years and it is so nice to see a dent being made.

In the office I trimmed the new window shade to length so that is now complete.

I've had a terra cotta water pipe section laying in my weeds for a few years. A fellow I had cut a tree for asked me if I wanted it, and even though it had a broken ragged edge, I saw an interesting use. Last night I cut off the ragged edge with a circular saw and masonry blade. That stuff is tough and I could see it is made with aggregate. I will stand the pipe up and bury a couple feet of it. This will make the pedestal for a one of a kind birdbath. When that is done I will simply pick up a bowl of some kind to place on top to hold the water. Doesn't matter what kind of bowl, but it should sort of look like it goes with the pipe, so maybe a terra cotta bowl that is normally for plants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home