Sunday, April 17, 2005

Weekend update

One side of the walkway is now completely done. New edgers have been installed, the entire area weeded, and mulched. I bought more edgers for the other side and laid them out. Will start working on installing them shortly. The second side is shorter (less than 40 edgers, compared to 50) and does not have as much area to weed and mulch.

Started weeding and mulching around other trees. Getting my whole landscape in order will take a long time! My shoulders were aching.

I surrounded a stump with granite rocks, filled that with charcoal and lighter fluid, and set it ablaze. As it burned I continued to add yard debris until after dark. I used to do large brush fires, but got annexed into city limits and it is now against the law. I know my neighbors...someone would turn me in if I did it. So, I will just do "fire pit" fires now. Indeed I have already enjoyed that fire with a lawn chair, a beer, and a book. I'm looking into decorative backyard fireplace options now. A chiminea is too small for the amount of debris I want to dispatch. Copper bowls look very nice, but I don't want to lay out a lot of money and then have it stolen. A ring of granite rocks cost me, basically, nothing! I want something that can be moved to different parts of the yard with ease.

Bought and installed a wooden shade for the office. Looks very nice. Still need to caulk and touch up paint, and fix or replace a busted closet door. Then decorate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home