Monday, January 30, 2006

Aggressive schedule this week

This week I must finish the puzzle box. For sure it will take 4 evenings, tonight being the toughest involving sanding and glueing. The rest will be stain and a couple of coats of finish.

By the end of the week I expect to be finished with the 8 remaining picture frames. I'm working on the little turn buttons that hold the "glass sandwich" in place on the back of the frames. Then I need to install "eye screws" and hanging wire.

I would also like to have my router table installed in the table saw leaf by this weekend. Because I am leery about messing it up I want to practice mounting the router in scrap plywood first. Once satisfied I can move to the real thing.

Another thing. Now that the lathe is operational for turning small items I would like to start making chess pieces. I'm making a set for me and a set for a friend's birthday in July. Here is a link to the chess piece project:
http://www.shopsmithhandson.com/archives/nov_dec00/html/money_maker.htm

Should be a challenging, but fun week.

1 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, January 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim, the chess pieces look really nice. I hope they turn out to be fun making them. Always be careful.
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home