Thursday, January 19, 2006

Various updates

1. The fence for the DP table is finished, except for any T-tracks I will add.

2. I received a new 1/8th inch bandsaw blade, installed it, and cut out a new puzzle box. The blade worked great. The box is a gift for a friend's birthday next month.

3. One of my friends asked me to give an update on Kim. She's history. After going out a handful of times I had a feeling that I was being used. You know how sometimes when you're out with someone and it comes time to pay for something and you have that little, um, struggle over WHO will pay? We never had that. She never once reached for her purse. She never once said "thank you" either. And we weren't getting closer.

Now, HERE'S the real kicker. I went to Atlanta over the Christmas holiday. When I came back I went to visit Kim. She wasn't very communicative. But I heard her on the phone with "someone" speaking English and saying something like "Are you at Lowe's?" Well, Lowe's is a typical "guy place" so I chalked it up to her having another guy on the line. OK, fine, I bow out. But then a few days later she calls me wanting to go out. I told her that I figured she took her old boyfriend back. She said yes, but they broke up again and that was 2 weeks ago. I knew that was a lie but didn't press her on it. I suspected they JUST broke up and I was supposed to be the one to spend money on her to make her happy. Well, I'm not going to be anyone's sugar daddy and I do not want another liar in my life.

4. So I went out on a first date with a very nice woman. I had a nice time and I thought she did too. But that was Tuesday and she hasn't communicated with me since. Maybe she likes me and is just busy. Just have to wait and see.

5. One of my nieces will be in Charlotte on business this weekend. I am going to drive down on Sunday, pick her up, and we're going to go to a restaurant there called "Beauregards." That should be neat.

1 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, January 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comment on #4 I got a laugh out of your reference that she has not communicated with you yet. Isn't that the line that all females use after going out with a guy? I like your confidence that you think she should be the one to call. Right on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home