Monday, June 05, 2006

Odds and Ends

1. Last week I removed 2 stumps that were in my mowing path. Haven't had to mow since, but it will be nicer next time.
2. The cyclone dust collector is assembled and mounted in its location. Still have to design, purchase, and install the ductwork, get it wired, and install the fine particle filters (which I have).
3. Cleaned up the workshop a little.
4. Made a pen out of maple burl wood (for a friend).
5. Finished turning the last chess piece (now I need to get to work on the board).
6. Poured almost 100 pounds of sand into small holes that appear in the yard. I like to fill them when I find them, before the yellow jackets do.
7. Burned off a LOT of brush (but still have a lot to do).
8. Removed a big root that was in my mowing path. I have cut that sucker many times with the lawnmower and regret it each time. It was part of a stump that is NOT in the mowing path. The stump was there since before I bought the house in 1990, but was always too firm to dig out. After removing the big root I put the shovel under the remaining root stub and pried. The whole stump came out with no effort. It was finally time! The same technique will soon be applied to a few more older stumps.
9. Enjoyed taking a folding chair out and reading under the shade of a tree several times in the past week. Weather has been rather nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home